Neptune was awarded 4 licences as operator and nine as a partner, significantly strengthening the company’s position and supporting its growth ambitions in what is a key geographic area for the business.
The licenses are:
- PL636C Neptune Energy Operator and 30% interest
- PL1053 Neptune Energy Operator and 60% interest
- PL1062 Neptune Energy Operator and 40% interest
- PL1063 Neptune Energy Operator and 60% interest
- PL055E Neptune Energy 4.44% interest
- PL093F Neptune Energy 7.56% interest
- PL867B Neptune Energy 30% interest
- PL1002B Neptune Energy 40% interest
- PL1035 Neptune Energy 30% interest
- PL1041 Neptune Energy 30% interest
- PL1051 Neptune Energy 20% interest
- PL1052 Neptune Energy 20% interest
- PL1054 Neptune Energy 30% interest
Managing Director of Neptune Energy in Norway, Odin Estensen, said: “The awards support our strategy to grow operatorship and acreage in and around our core areas. Through this latest licensing round we have secured four more awards than in 2019, a record for our company in Norway.”
The original announcement from the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy is here.
– Ends –
+44(0) 1224 281200
About Neptune Energy Group
Neptune Energy is an independent global E&P company with operations across the North Sea, North Africa and Asia Pacific. The business had production of 162,000 net barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2018 and 2P reserves at 31st December 2018 of 638 million barrels of oil equivalent. The Company, founded by Sam Laidlaw, is backed by CIC and funds advised by Carlyle Group and CVC Capital Partners.